My suggestion for Passpack is ...

Auto ownership acceptance

In my IT department we have one master account which shares to each of our individual accounts. When any one of us wants to apply a new password they have to transfer ownership to the master account which won't get accepted until someone logs into the master account and manually accepts ownership. I'd like to have the option to accept ownership of passwords from certain users and set a default sharing option to it

158 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Luke HuxleyLuke Huxley shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex SchickAlex Schick commented  · 

+1 from me also. It is not comfortable to accept every shared pass at the repository account. THe acceptance from the users will go down and all will start using KeePass files again ;-(

@PassPack: Please provide your reply on this.

• MarkMark commented  · 

Definitely +1 on this

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, the ownership bottleneck is definitely a problem on this platform and doesn't make sense. In a group environment, the manager requires the ability to access all passwords and control which subordinates have access to what, not the other way around!

• Jason SmithsonJason Smithson commented  · 

I'm unable to imagine the scenario in which the existing sharing functionality and process is desirable or useful. It certainly should not be the default. If I share a password with the team it needs to be immediately available to the team, not placed in a queue for an admin to approve. If we wanted to run everything through a bottleneck like that we could just use something that locked the file like KeePass 1.x.

• Chuck BurkeChuck Burke commented  · 

Yes, please. We can't continue to use this system the way it is now. We need a corporate-wide password sharing system without all of the extra friction the second step causes.

• Tom HarrisonTom Harrison commented  · 

I would like to extend this request to include management of multiple groups. I am in the process of extending use of passpack from the IT department to finance engineering and marketing departments. Each of these department groups needs to delegate control of shared group passwords to certain individuals who wouldn't have access to the master account but each of these delegated users should be able to ADD or MODIFY passwords shared by their department, and share them back without approval of the department account.

Feedback and Knowledge Base