My suggestion for Passpack is ...

Two factor authentication with Google Authenticator.

A lot of security-conscious users already use Google Authenticator with their Google accounts. It seems like a no-brainer to include in the two-factor authentication options (or at least to use as a backup).

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan LoewenherzDan Loewenherz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChuckChuck commented  · 

Adding my upvote for this feature. Many exchanges use Google Authenticator already.

If there is a security reason not to use it, please let us know!

• VimalVimal commented  · 

Even Microsoft now allows Google based authenticator and they have an app in Microsoft app store as well. Please allow 2FA using Google based authenticator

• Ralph FinchRalph Finch commented  · 

I'd like this. Yubikey won't work with iOS devices.

• dasheddotdasheddot commented  · 

Using Google Authenticator with dropbox already. Would be great to allow 2-factor authentication with Google Authenticator as an alternative to yubi key.

• DulaniDulani commented  · 

Any one of the following: Google Authenticator, Symantec's VIP Access (second factor generated on a mobile phone app) or SMS verification would all be a big improvement as the second factor! I like that Passpack offers the Yubikey, but I don't want more hardware to manage.

• BINITBINIT commented  · 

It is better to replace the packing key with SMS verification. Less things to remember for the user.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to have Google Authenticator App for 2-factor-authentication of passpack. Google Authenticator App works e.g. with Dropbox or Synology DSM logins. It would help to replace yubikey and having only one tool :-)

• VimalVimal commented  · 

Suggesting to use google authenticator as a cheap replacement for yubikey.

• RafaelRafael commented  · 

In my eyes this is already possible. If you only use your Google-Account with two factor authentication to login using unsafe computers. This way a key/screen-logger could not aquire all necessary information to login at your passpack-account.
        Or do you suggest to add the possiblity to use the google Authenticator App as a cheap replacement for a yubikey?

Feedback and Knowledge Base