My suggestion for Passpack is ...

2 Page Auto-login Support

Use the Passpack it! auto-login button on websites with username and password on two different pages.

498 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PasspackAdminPasspack (Admin, Passpack) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: Multipage autlogins  ·   · 

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • korenkoren commented  · 

please make this feature available! without it we may need to use a different site for the business. This is a trial run to see how functional your sercvice would be for the business.

• LanceLance commented  · 

I need this feature for Passpack to work effectively for me. There is no convienience is using your service unless I can Passpack It with two seperate passwords on two unique pages. Please correct this ASAP!

• David JohnsonDavid Johnson commented  · 

One more point. The inability to log in with the same credentials to a different site seems like an artificial restriction. There are *many* sites that will kick you out to a slightly different URL when you log in that provides a form for re-login. There shouldn't have to be a request to the company to add a *new* alias for a site. This seems to be a simple basic programming addition: make the URL a *list* of possible URLs rather than a single URL.

• David JohnsonDavid Johnson commented  · 

I just set up an account and started adding passwords to various sites (and switching to more secure unique passwords). I don't mind copy/pasting for a few that are broken with one-click, but not being able to do anything with the two-page logins is definitely a deal breaker level problem considering the *most important* sites to use password assistance are the ones going to two-page login. I was wondering, can you add multiple sites with repeated information to handle two-site logins? I am going to try it as a work-around. There seem to be a lot of sites that don't work with the one-click (including facebook) and some that don't allow pasting (including Bank of America). My first impression was that one-click login was garbage because I tried it on facebook first. You guys should put up a warning about highly popular sites that have problems, because I bet a lot of first-time users are moving on to something else when "trying it out" with those sites don't work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Passpack is not going to work for me until you add this. This point is to be able to store everything in one place, so many of my passwords are unstorable here because this feature is missing. I will not be using passpack until this is solved because it will not save me time if I have to go to a couple of different places to get my passwords. I need to be able to get them all from one place. I would put all my 10 votes on this feature if I could. Thanks!

• Ryan -Ryan - commented  · 

It would work if you had different domains (e.g. username.example.com and password.example.com), but if it's in the same domain, Passpack sees it as the same page (ex. example.com/password and example.com/username). The only way this will work now is if you use the same username as password (HIGHLY not reccomended).

• BenBen commented  · 

Seriously, please add this. The most important sites to have a secure (read difficult to remember) password on are the banking sites, hence where Passpack is most useful. Except when it isn't, because of multiple login pages!

• Ralph FinchRalph Finch commented  · 

More and more financial sites are switching to two-page login....just to let ya know ;-)

• MikeMike commented  · 

Almost all of the financial sites I use have switched to two page login. Please fix this!

• ViniVini commented  · 

I have multiple accounts already requiring either two-page login or multiple user/password login. This enhancement would be highly useful.

• PasspackAdminPasspack (Admin, Passpack) commented  · 

@ralphmariafinch
        No decisions yet. It's something we know should be done in the future, but for the time being are still waiting to see when we can fit it into the dev schedule. The best path to achieve this function depends on some other decisions we need to make. So it's at the end of a chain of other improvements. Like I said, no ETA. But thanks for the nudge :)

• Ralph FinchRalph Finch commented  · 

No comments yet on this one? Just this weekend a bank credit card account switched to 2-screen login. I now have now two credit card accounts that use 2 screens. Not a tidal wave, but a ripple indicating where logins are going, at least for the ones requiring more security.

Feedback and Knowledge Base