My suggestion for Passpack is ...

Custom Fields

Secondary custom fields, many logins require other things like three questions. Or some enties are for storing different tupes of information (like credit cards, registration numbers etc).

195 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PasspackAdminPasspack (Admin, Passpack) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BeeBee commented  · 

Yeah! so far I capture all of this information in the notes section. But it would be really nice if the info has its own field -- especially when I need to download everything into a csv file.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Custom fields or templates for different password-types is a must if passpack should be usable by large teams sharing data. For example FTP, database, e-mail accounts need more information than just user-id and password. And this additional information must be structured if more than one person works with the tool.

• Jason JonesJason Jones commented  · 

This would make it the ideal application for me, at the moment I use something called FlyingBit Password Keeper http://www.flyingbit.com/ to store additional details such as:
        Username
        Hostname
        Port
        IP Address
        PIN
        DNS
        WPA Keys
        Credit Card Number
        Bank Sort Code
        etc...

I have been looking to upgrade this functionality to something that's possible to share automatically without me having to generate new flash drive versions every time something changes and the ability to generate the custom tags is really important.

My current replacement evaluations have it down to PassPack and Password Depot with the later providing something similar in terms of custom fields as my current solution but PassPack coming out on top in terms of web interface, device support and general architecture.

However, this feature is really important to me and does not seem that difficult to implement (i.e. marginal storage requirements) and it really would mean that PassPack would provide the complete solution!

• dazzzydazzzy commented  · 

Agreed, useful for IT teams

• BeeBee commented  · 

very useful feature for stuff like: pins, security questions, account numbers, expiration dates, renewal dates, etc...

• MicheleMichele commented  · 

We keep a lot of information about accounts. I just moved all the information about accounts from our previous password manager into Passpack notes. It would be nice to have custom fields so I could organize my data better.

• LakinLakin commented  · 

This would be very useful. At the moment I keep most of the extra details in Notes which requires quite a few steps and means all of the information is visible. (For example, For a bank account I would have username/pass as the online banking details. In Notes would be the memorable details, security number or other such details they use for login. I also put in other information like account numbers, expire dates and plain notes). So when accessing just one bit of info a lot more is also visible.

It would even work if they were not true custom fields, but a bunch of optional standard fields like "Password2", "Card Number", "Memorable Answer", "PIN", etc.

• TosibamaniacTosibamaniac commented  · 

this i must have, with out this passpack autologin is useless on some web-sites

• Larry GilbertLarry Gilbert commented  · 

Another example. My credit union has a two-stage login procedure; the first stage an account number and password, the second stage another shared secret in the form of a question and answer. I have five secret answers to five different questions stored with my account, and the question that gets asked of me whenever I log in is chosen at random.

Feedback and Knowledge Base