My suggestion for Passpack is ...

Passpack Server Edition

Package to install on your own webserver, run behind the company firewall.

744 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PasspackAdminPasspack (Admin, Passpack) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JohnJohn commented  · 

I have several clients that will not use pass pack, but would spend money if they could host it on their own servers.

• Drew KhouryDrew Khoury commented  · 

This would be an interesting route if you wanted to really sink your teeth in the Enterprise, though it's probably a really hard slog as Enterprise don't really like anything that's new and shiny.

• Aaron HeckAaron Heck commented  · 

For Canadian government compliance reasons, we require any server containing confidential information to be hosted on Canadian soil with no chance of data being transmitted [securely or otherwise] through servers located outside of Canada.

Obviously, this represents a challenge for us when attempting to find a product that does all the things that PassPack does. We would definitely be willing to pay for a self-hosted solution. Even better - make it a VMWare Appliance that we can run on our VM infrastructure.

• Eugeniu IacubEugeniu Iacub commented  · 

it woulg be greate to integrate it with synology nas products. i would gladly pay to have my own hoste password manager

• John DoeJohn Doe commented  · 

Even host-proof hosting still has the problem of the host being able to change the behavior of the program at any time, rendering much of this idea useless. In house hosting solves this for those who want to go that route.

• MadsMads commented  · 

Needed for FreeBSD please..

• krrakrra commented  · 

Same here, trust a the keyword. We would like to install/run the passpack server inside our company.

• James ShupeJames Shupe commented  · 

I'd love to use Passpack, but simply can't until this is possible. Right now, I'm using an inhouse solution, but your feature set is much more desirable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base