My suggestion for Passpack is ...

Web Mobile Version

Compact version for web-based phones and PDAs (Android, iPhone, Nokia)

1,751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PasspackAdminPasspack (Admin, Passpack) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • foofoo commented  · 

Has anyone noticed when using the mobile version of the site on iPhone that you are only able to click on the direct login button and not able to view or edit the details of your sites?

• Mattias BrändströmMattias Brändström commented  · 

I'm having real trouble copy and pasting passwords on both HTC Hero (my old phone) and HTC Desire HD (new phone). When I long press on Desire HD i get three icons, I select copy and everything seems fine. Open an application, Dropbox for example. Long press to paste copied password. I get the paste icon and press it. Something gets pasted, but it is not the password I copied from the Passpack application.

Am I the only one with this problem? Should I copy and paste some other way when using Passpack?

Regards,
        Mattias

• SchultzterSchultzter commented  · 

So now that this is out in the wild I've thought of something - you need to a "Mobile Link" field to the password entries, since the mobile site may not be the same as the full site (and some sites still aren't intelligent enough to switch automatically).

• Sean LeatherSean Leather commented  · 

Well, one bug I've found now: The "All unpacked entries" takes me to what looks like the first page of entries. There is no way to get to any other pages.

Also, this may be a bug or a feature, but it's interesting to see that the tabs are actually transparent and translucent. For example, when I scroll through my tag cloud, I see the tags scroll in the white of the password tab and the gray of the other tabs. It's a bit distracting, and it doesn't seem to add anything.

• Sean LeatherSean Leather commented  · 

I'm using it on a Nexus One with Android 2.2. It's looking pretty nice. Unpacking ~200 entries was really pretty fast, too. Even comparable to Firefox on the desktop. Thanks for this. It's a lifesaver. I don't like tracking passwords stored in multiple places. Keep up the good work!

• BubbaBubba commented  · 

Soooo.....how's the mobile app going?

• PasspackAdminPasspack (Admin, Passpack) commented  · 

@themaxx.ca - We're approx 2 weeks away from release. You can actually view and use your account on your iPhone or Android phone at the moment, it's just clumsy to navigate. This, as well as some mobile optimizations are what we're addressing the the web mobile version.

• themaxx.cathemaxx.ca commented  · 

Sorry if that was asked, but is there a projected release date? And in the meantime, how are everyone dealing with Passpack on mobiles?

• klintebergklinteberg commented  · 

Actually, the regular Passpack site already works fine on my Nexus One!

• davidannettdavidannett commented  · 

Second the WebOS version! No doubt iphone and android are getting attention, but don't forget the WebOS people too!

• ShaneShane commented  · 

Really looking forward to this.

I'd also like to put in a vote for a WebOS (Palm Pre/Pixi) version. It would seem to me that porting a web app to such a web-centric os shouldn't be too hard.

Keep up the good work!

SHLV - thanks, always happy to hear someone speaking up on security! The mobile version will in fact be an optimized (compact, faster loading) version of the same web-application you use daily. It'll have all the same security, and will run in your smart phone's browser, so no local storage of passwords - it's completely web-based as always.

• SHLVSHLV commented  · 

i think it should be security over availability. if passpack can't be securely run on 'any' phone it shouldn't have a client for it. no matter how hard the fan base urges you to do it.

i myself love passpack and look forward to seeing a mobile version but going mobile is a great threat for your vital pass data so first it has to be really secured

@victorhooi Thanks! Yes, we're working on a clever trick around the Packing Key for the mobile version (how'd you guess?). I believe we''ll make a "few days later follow-on" to the first release, so as not to hold up access in the meantime.

• victorhooivictorhooi commented  · 

heya,

Yeah, I love PasPack, and I convinced my work to get a few paid accounts.

However, having this on my Android (Google Nexus One, running the test 2.2 ROM) would be very awesome. It's a bit silly having to run back to my desktop everytime I need to type in a password. And typing in passwords on the Android keyboard is just painful anyway.

Thinking about it, not sure how I'm going to type in my packing phrase everytime on my Android - have you guys found a clever way around that? *(grins*.

Cheers,
        Victor

Thank James. Yes, they are a 4-5 developer team. We're just two. Recently though we've picked up some more speed. Looking forward to your feedback on this once we roll it out (don't think we'll be doing a beta test this time... not sure). Always good to hear from you - be well!

• James DasherJames Dasher commented  · 

Tara,

I'm an iPhone user, have been since the first version of the iPhone and through the 3GS. My phone has replaced much of my mobile computing uses that I used to use a full computer for. Not having access to some of my key passwords on my phone on the go was creating a major roadblock for my workflow. I kept hoping you all would have this out soon, as I have always enjoyed your service. LastPass is a newer company then you but seems to have a faster development schedule, unfortunately. This feature became the deciding feature for me, if you come out with it, believe me I will take a look.

Hi James - thanks for being frank, and still following our progress. The mobile version is currently in the pipeline... under my fingertips as we speak. Are you using a smart phone (iphone, android?)?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base