My suggestion for Passpack is ...

Share / Transfer Tags

Ability to include tags along with the entry sharing and transfer of ownership.

147 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PasspackAdminPasspack (Admin, Passpack) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Tags should be shared - absolutely!

• RonRon commented  · 

Here is another aye (up vote) in favor of sharing tags along with entries. But please make sure that shared tags can't clobber a sharee's tags.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Tags should be share - not knowing this I spent hours adding tags only to find out that it was for nothing because no one can see them. The last thing you want is for different people to be using different tags. This should be a no brainer.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

In July 2011, Francesco said this was feature was coming... Is it here? I cannot find it and it is one of the reasons I decided to use passpack for my company... Did not know before I signed up that you could not share the tags... Please advise. Thank you!

Francesco (Admin, Passpack) commented · July 18, 2011 11:19 · Delete
        This is almost ready. Probably we will release next week.

• WCWC commented  · 

Sharing tags would be very useful. Please implement this. At least make it a setting that can be toggled so people can choose whether to see the shared tags.

• ChrisChris commented  · 

This would be helpful

• twohawkstwohawks commented  · 

Thanks Francesco... good work!

• deven pdeven p commented  · 

Thank you for this, its great :)

• proky.hbproky.hb commented  · 

Hi there,

is it released already? You have said "next week" two weeks ago. I can't see shared tags yet.

Thank you.

• Alexander KomlikAlexander Komlik commented  · 

In lack of formal group structure we use tags to group information into different areas so it's useful to have them shared just as the rest of entry fields.

They can be unencrypted

• ste73ste73 commented  · 

Hi! Sharing tags is essential for us to! ;) But, what do you mean with unencrypted? :O

Hi there,

that's amazing news, I expected to wait for years :D....

Thank you very much.

While we are using hundreds of passwords, it's a must. I go from person to person and organise their passwords. Atm we are in testing phase and I have already about 60 pass there. In the end, it will be 1000+. No way to share without tags.

• Yvette MarieYvette Marie commented  · 

Sharing tags are essential. I managed passwords for other as an administrator and the tags are essential for organization.

• Patrick@ADSPatrick@ADS commented  · 

+1 to Vlad's comments, where is the progress on this one? This is a mission critical feature to us.

• Vlad VasilukVlad Vasiluk commented  · 

I totally agree with everybody who consider that switching tags to unencrypted is not a big deal compared to inconvenience you have without ability to share tags along with entry sharing.
        However, I agree with the previous poster that there should be a toggle option, because if I share an entry with a third party, there might be no need to disclose the tags.
        Another useful features would be nesting/grouping tags and auto-suggestion as I type in tags field.
        I also would like to hear back from someone about why this discussion hasa been around for 12 monthes without any progress?

• StijnDWStijnDW commented  · 

I am a Business user as well and I share a lot of passwords, often those are entries from multisite CMS setups which absolutely require the tags to support the rather limitative naming conventions we can use. I absolutely require this function to work to distinguish different levels and business units within a set corporation. Mind we have to do this for several corporations at the same time.

There is one point that should be an option as well I think which is the option to toggle tags on the 'receiving end' for developer freelancers who cannot be expected to change there own t

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base